Real Wedding: Elodie and Vianney

Sunday, September 12, 2010

































This gem of a wedding is almost more wonderful than I can bear. Elodie and Vianney were married at City Hall, then celebrated with a "polka dots and stripes" theme in her grandparents forest. Elodie, a fashion blogger based in Paris, imagined every element in charming detail.

She explained that they spent 9 months readying the forest for guests: they built the dance floor, scoured flea markets for dining chairs and dishes, and borrowed all number of things from family and friends to make their fête come together so beautifully. Even those absolutely adorable invitations were designed by a guest and dear friend of the newlyweds-no stone was left unturned by this creative bride! She worked with a local designer to craft the perfect party dress, and wore some incredible Sonya Rykiel peep toe pumps, while Vianney wore a custom-made suit. The whole affair was photographed beautifully by Marianne Taylor, who is fast becoming my favorite photographer for whimsical, dreamy weddings, and featured on Once Wed.

12 comments:

  1. If I ever decide to get married once more..it'll be your fault!!! These pics are the sum of all things I adore!!Every detail is soooo charming!Great Lana!!!
    PS:I love Miss Taylor,thanks for let me know about her works!
    Kisses.
    Laura@RicevereconStile

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely, beautiful images...
    What a dreamy wedding. Love the dress and those Sonya Rykiel shoes.... It all seemed like a PERFECT wedding! Wish I were invited to that one!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just pure magical loveliness. So charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful ethereal wedding. Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so charming! I'm loving how amazingly it was all captured - it feels like a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are these paper flowers? What a gorgeous idea. Completely unexpected. Love the short dress, the peekaboo pumps in fuchsia, the paper dots like rose petals everywhere and that big mirror in the woods... In case anyone spots the fairy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the lollipops, UHMMM , Did i mention, i adore polka dots..... great, have a nice week, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!!! She is wearing my idea of the perfect wedding dress. Amazing!! Also, I would totally hang their invite on my wall as artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these images are so cute and look like a fairy tale in an enchanted forest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous fabulous fabulous, I love weddings with so much personality. A forest dance floor - how romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I love it!! Especially the mirror:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely! Polka dots and stripes! I am going to host an event just to use this theme. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

 

A Crimson Kiss – Timeless Events and Classic Cocktails by Ana Degenaar : Blogger